Subject: (Ranma)(fanfic) Seppuku (almost)
From: "jeff shelton" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 08:50:26 PST

Seppuku (almost)
by jeff shelton
[email-masked]

Disclaimer: All the characters in this story belong to Takahashi Rumiko. 
I have no right to use them.

This takes place before vol36.

____________________________________________________

Nermia General Hospital. Approx. 9:00 pm.

Nabiki stands outside the front entrance. Shampoo and Ukyo are running 
up to her.

"How's Ranma!!" they yell.

"He's doing fine. They've pumped his stomach and got all the poison 
out."

"Akane cooked tonight, like she promised at school, right." Ukyo smirks.

"Nope. It seems her cookbook vanished today. And she has learned enough 
about cooking that she wasn't going to try a new recipe without the 
book, so Kasumi cooked." Nabiki smiles and thinks, 'I wonder how much my 
allowance will increase, I mean Daddy's not going to want Akane to know 
he caused the cookbook to vanish, now, is he?'

"Shampoo's going inside to see Husband." Shampoo says as she starts to 
go past Nabiki.

"I wouldn't do that, just yet, Shampoo." Nabiki says. "You see everybody 
is so concerned  about Ranma that they haven't started thinking about 
how Ranma got poisoned. I mean it wasn't Kasumi's cooking that caused 
it."

"What do you mean, Nabiki?" Ukyo asks.

"I seem to remember lunch today. I seem to remember how since Ranma was 
afraid that Akane would cook he asked both of you to fix him lunch. I 
seem to remember how the two of you showed up at the end of the lunch 
break. Both of you looked like you had been fighting. And I found this 
little bird that whispered about how the two of you were playing musical 
food. Adding and switching each others food while the other was doing 
the same thing to the other's food."

Ukyo and Shampoo look at each other. Their faces go a little pale.

"You know, the doctors said that if it wasn't for his tremendous 
constitution  Ranma would probably be dead. As it is, it took several 
hours for the poisons to work."

"Her cooking was supposed to bad! MINE was going to be the best!" Ukyo 
shouts pointing at Shampoo.

"Spatula's girl's cooking bad!" Shampoo shouts pointing at Ukyo. 
"Husband wants wife's cooking to be best."

"You two fighting is not important right now. The important thing is how 
much is it worth to you two, that attention is diverted away from you." 
Nabiki smiles her patented shark smile. 

They look each other.

*****

Inside the hospital. The Surgery Galley overlooking the emergency 
surgery room.

Nodoka, Genma in Panda form, Soun, and Kasumi are talking to a doctor.

"You niece will be fine, Tendo Soun. She'll have to stay in the hospital 
for a couple of days, but everything will be fine." The doctors says to 
an uncrying Soun, while a sweatdrop forms on Genma's head.

'How am I going to kept Nodoka from finding out! She's going to want to 
visit Ranma everyday! Why didn't I grab the phone from Kasumi's hand 
when she said she was going to call everybody?! DAMN!!' Genma thinks.

"However, the poisons have caused a very bad reaction with her appendix. 
Ranko will have to have it removed. now. They are going to be beginning 
the operation as soon as they put her to sleep."

Nabiki, Shampoo and Ukyo come into the room.

"I found out who poisoned Ranma. Kodachi slipped the poison into Ukyo's 
and Shampoo's lunch this afternoon." Nabiki smiles. "Right Ukyo? Right 
Shampoo?"

They nod.

****

The Surgery room.

Ranma is in female form as she lies on the bed. Akane is in the room as 
well. 

"NO! I ain't going to go to sleep!" Ranma yells as she pushes the 
anesthesia mask away. She then places her hands on her stomach and 
grimaces in pain.

"Stop trying to be some goddamn macho, Ranko! If you don't let the 
anesthetist do his job, I"LL put you to sleep!" Akane yells at Ranma. In 
her right hand is an oxygen tank.

"I ain't being macho, just to be macho, Akane. I got a reason!" Ranma 
yells back at her.

"Tell me!" Akane lifts the tank.

"Lean down, I do not want anybody else to hear."

Akane leans down.

Ranma purses her lips, grimaces, looks up at her mother in the gallery 
and starts to whisper to Akane. "One of these days, Pops stupid promises 
are going to cause me to commit Seppuku." She stops talking for a 
second. "When that happens I want to make sure I can do it correctly."

Akane stands up straight, looks up at Nodoka, looks at the tank in her 
hand. "You're sure, Ranma? No Anesthesia ?"

Ranma nods her head. "How else will I know I can stand the pain of 
Seppuku?"

Akane puts the tank down. She turns to the doctor and says, "Start."

"Damn your father."

As the operation begins Ranma hand slips out from under the sheet 
covering her. Akane grips it tightly.

*****

The inspiration for this came from reading:

The Reluctant Admiral: Yamamoto and the Imperial Navy by Hiroyuki Agawa.

There is a story in it that says that when Yamamoto was a young man he 
had appendicitis and requested the operation be done without anesthesia, 
for the same reason Ranma gave. Ate 42 oranges in one setting, on a bet.

Thank you for reading this far.

Any C&C will be read and answered.

  

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com