Subject: FFML Mini-Archive
From: Meridun <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 01:40:06 -0500

Well, I've finally finished the parsing scripts that have made my web
page a lot easier to use.  For those who have not visited before, I
wrote some code that goes through my Netscape Mail file and saves each
of the messages from the FFML as a text file named after the subject
line of the message.  I currently have about 2,600 pieces of fanfiction
archived.

The updated site is still not very pretty, with a few graphics and very
little explanation (i haven't gotten around to it).  HOWEVER, I have
followed the suggestions given to me and found a way to shift the tags
to the end of the file names, so that the stories are now alphabetized,
for MUCH easier access.

Additionally, I was able to split the index file so that stories are
listed in html sublistings according to the first letter of their
title.  This reduced the previous index file form 350 kB to 28 files
(for each letter and two additional symbols) with the highest at 53 kB,
to speed load time.

Oh, the site address?
http:\\skynet.gt.ed.net\ffml\

Enjoy it and drop me a line if you like it.

Michael Dickinson