Subject: [FFML][EVA][separate author's rant]Self-procreate ^_^
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 14:45:13 EDT

<< It's canon.
 
 I'd use Asuka instead.  Rei is more or less related to Shinji and they
shouldn't
 be having children together. >>
It's canon, but money says you don't even know why.  Also, Rei would be less
related from a certain point of view.  The Lilith DNA would see to that.
Lilims would be direct descendants of one another, but Rei would actually be
further away than you think because of the fact that some of her DNA comes
directly from the source.  As for Shinji and Rei not having children together
... well ... they can't so the argument of this point is really moot anyway,
now isn't it?  And, while I'm on the topic and practically inviting flames,
I'd love to ask something of all the Eva authors out there who refuse to write
a ShinjixRei-style fic.  Is it just because of their "relation" that you
refuse to do this, or is there some deeper hatred going on here?  I mean, I'd
really like to know.  And no, I don't care if you flame me.  <weg>  Just go
right on ahead and try it.  Besides ... if Shinji x Rei is so bad ... why is
it that the Shinji x Asuka fics never measure up to the level of the Shinji x
Rei fics?  <chuckles>  Well, so much for trying to stir up a controversy.

<fully expecting to get booted from the list for this message>
~ The Drunk Otaku / Mien