Subject: .....
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 12:35:32 EDT

¥¥¥ = beginning and ending of a dream (dreams are written in the present
tense, everything else is past tense)
*** = beginning and ending of a letter/diary entry
~*~ = change of scene
<...> = thoughts
§§§ = flashback

Dear Diary

	"Hey Kuno-baby, I've got some new pictures of your Pigtailed Girl.."
	"Ah, Nabiki Tendo, and what exorbitant recompense do you demand for these
paltry glimpses of the beauty of my goddess?"
	"500 for each picture."
	".....Oh forget it!  Nabiki Tendo, I would date with *you*!!" Kuno grabs
Nabiki and kisses her passionately.
	Nabiki grins, slightly dazed. "Hey, Kuno-baby..I've got pictures of
myself..only 600 yen each."
	"I need no pictures, fair Nabiki, for thy incomparable beauty can never be
captured by mere photography!"
	"You're so right, Kuno-darling! I don't need money to be happy, I only need
you. I love you, so much!"
	"And my love for you surpasses all understanding, my flower." The two kiss
and skip off happily into the sunset.

¥¥¥

	Nabiki woke up in a cold sweat. "Oh kami..that's the last time I eat Akane's
cooking before bed....." She sat up in bed and rubbed her eyes. "That's the
second time I've had that exact same dream. But the first time I hadn't eaten
Akane's food. Its so odd..what does it mean?" She took a small book with a yen
sign-print on the cover and a pen from under her pillow. She opened the book
to an empty page and started writing.

***
23/5
Dear Diary,

	I had another dream about Kuno last night. You know, the one where I say
money isn't important, we declare our love and go off into the sunset.  Its
the third one about Kuno this month. What do these dreams mean, Diary? They're
so odd. I don't love Kuno, its not possible. I mean..he's *Kuno-baby*! The
same Kuno that I've been friends with for years. Ok, not really friends, more
like business partners. But close enough. I guess I am the closest thing to a
friend that he has. The poor guy, no one really likes him. Its no wonder he's
so obsessed with Akane and onna-Ranma. I really wish. For his sake, he would
figure out that they hate him..on the other hand, if he did, I'd lose a big
part of income. Fool..spends his money for nothing. At least he helps to keep
food on our table and a roof over our head. Not to mention some nice things
for me occasionally. Mental note to myself: Take more pictures of Akane and
Ranma soon.

~Nabiki~
***
	Nabiki slid the diary and pen back under her pillow and looked at the clock
beside her bed. Only 3:27, still time to sleep before time to get up before
school. But that wouldn't be happening. Not this night, or any night that she
had one of *those* dreams. When she had one of those dreams she would spend
the night awake contemplating what they meant. So far she had come to two
possible conclusions; she was in love or falling in love with Kuno, or she was
crazy. Neither sounded very pleasant, so she was still looking for another
alternative. 
	Nabiki sat up awake in bed until Kasumi called her down for breakfast. By
then she still hadn't come up with any new explanation.

~*~

	"Ranma Saotome, how dare you show such disrespect for the fair Akane Tendo?!
I shall smite thee!!" Kuno charged, and the usual before-school battle ensued.

	Nabiki sighed and looked down from the second story window. "Kuno, Kuno,
Kuno..will he ever learn?" she asked to no one in particular. Sighing again,
she went outside to drag a nearly unconscious Kuno back into their room before
the bell.

	After somehow waking up in his seat just before the bell, Kuno attempted to
pay attention to the teacher. This, however, proved impossible, as he couldn't
get his mind off of Akane. 
	Sometime during class Kuno saw something being tossed on his desk. He quickly
snatched it up before anyone could see and hid it beneath his desk. When he
was sure the teacher wasn't looking he opened the folded piece of paper and
read:

***
Kuno-baby,
	See me at lunch. I've got some new pictures of Akane and the Pigtailed girl
for you. 
~Nabiki~
***
	Kuno refolded the paper and put it into his pocket. He stole a glance at
Nabiki in the next seat and nodded. 
	Nabiki smiled and returned to her work. <More money from the Blue Blunder.
It's a wonder he's not broke by now. I just hope he doesn't realize the
pictures are old ones that Ranma took back from him.>

~*~
	At lunch Kuno found Nabiki sitting on a bench, writing in her ledger book and
picking at her lunch. 
	"Nabiki Tendo, I believe you have some pictures for me? Oh, 'tis a wonderful
day indeed that I would come across pictures of the tigress Akane Tendo, and
the Pigtailed Goddess," he cried already getting his wallet out. 
	"Five of each of them, 200 yen per picture," Nabiki said.
	"Sold!" Kuno snatched the pictures from her hand and replaced them with the
2,000 yen. "Even at such outrageous prices, I must have the images of my
loves. If only one or both would accept a date with me. They love me well, but
alas, the two beauties are too shy. I will have them realize their love for
me, and I shall date with them both!" 
	Nabiki sighed as Kuno sat on the bench to look at the pictures. "I wonder
what those dreams meant?" she mused to herself. She looked over at Kuno.
<Nothing. The dreams definitely mean nothing.> 
	"Mmhmm," Kuno mumbled, his eyes glazed over, staring at the pictures.
	Nabiki looked at Kuno. "You're in your own world again, aren't you?"	
	"Mmm."
	"Hey Kuno-baby, your hair is on fire," she said. 
	"Mmmm."	<This could be fun,> she thought. "Hey, I had sex with your sister
last night."
	"Uh-huh."
	Nabiki giggled. "Ya know, Kuno, you should join us tonight. It'll be fun."
	"Mm, that's nice."
	"You really are out of it, aren't you?" she asked. Getting no response, she
turned away from him and started in on her lunch again. <Sometimes I just wish
that someone were in love with me. No one drools over my picture, no one would
fight to win a date with me. I haven't even been on a *real* date before, much
less had a real kiss..> She sighed softly and took a sideways glance at Kuno.
<Even Kuno wouldn't be that bad. He's rich, pretty nice..when he's
unconscious, not to mention good looking...and he's rich.> 
	Nabiki stood up and gathered her things as the bell rang. "See ya, Kuno-
baby," she said, going inside for class. 

	Kuno finally looked up from the pictures as the last bell for school rang,
"...She had sex with whom?"

~*~
24/5 
-=from the mind of the Blue Thunder=-
	Today was a glorious day for the Blue Thunder.  I had that wretch Saotome
cowering before my might before he resorted to his sorcery to steal my senses.
Akane Tendo and the Pigtailed Girl remain under his evil power to be sure, but
never have I been so close to success!
   Further good fortune smiled upon me when Nabiki Tendo intervened to rescue
me from the spell, asking nothing in return as she assisted me in avoiding the
prospect of tardiness, an act of unusual generosity for one so mercenary.  In
my gratitude I deigned to purchase several somewhat familiar but still
precious representations of those I love at her usual prices.  
   Perhaps if it were not for her o'erweening avarice I would have asked her
to date with me in return for her timely rescue...that is to say were it not
for the the way my devotion to my loves does sway my interest from less
beauteous damsels.  Although to be sure Nabiki Tendo is attractive enough in a
physical sense, having inherited her share of the beauty that seems the
birthright of the Tendos.  Of course even were I to bestow upon her my
affections, she would reckon not the value of my devotion in it's own right,
caring for nothing but filthy lucre as she does.  I hope for his sake, that
the man Nabiki marries is a wealthy one.  He will have to be to support her
expenses.	
	My twisted sister cooked dinner again tonight.  Her skill at concealing
toxins undetectably within otherwise delicious food grows ever more
impressive.  Note to self:  Remember to have Sasuke get more of the antidote
to her latest concoction.
-=the Blue Thunder=-

***
	"Sasuke!"
	"Yes, Master Kuno?" the little ninja asked, stepping into the room. 
	Kuno handed him the small leather-bound book he had been writing in. "See to
it that this gets put put away safely. And get some more of that antidote." He
didn't bother with any flowery words, he was too tired for that tonight,
probably due to the fact that Kodachi had indeed cooked dinner, and had laced
it with a bit of sleeping potion along with whatever other drugs she had used.
Just seconds after Sasuke dashed off, Kuno crashed face-first onto is bed, not
even bothering with his clothes. Within seconds, he was asleep. 

¥¥¥

	Kuno is standing in a big open field, wearing his usual Kendo outfit. Off in
the distance, to the right, is Akane, looking exceptionally cute in her gi.(as
cute as one can get wearing a gi, anyways) To the right, the same distance
away is the 'Pigtailed Girl', wearing a beautiful Mandarin style dress. 
	Kuno looks back and forth between the two of them. "Akane, Pigtailed
Girl..whichever shall I choose?!" He starts running towards Akane, only to
change directions towards onna-Ranma after a few paces, then back again
towards Akane. He runs back and forth in a zigzag, getting nowhere. Suddenly
Nabiki appears between them, also looking very cute in her school uniform. 
	"Akane...Pigtailed Girl...Nabiki..." he continues his running, now zigzagging
between the three of them. "Arrrgh! Which ever shall I choose?!"

¥¥¥

	Kuno hugged a pillow to his chest, still fast asleep, "A..ka..na..bi..ki..."

~*~

	"Whew!" Akane wiped the sweat off of her forehead and stood up straight. She
looked at the large pile of broken cinder blocks scattered around her feet.
"That..that jerk." She set up another few blocks, only to break them into
pieces seconds later. 
	>Click, Whir<  "Hello, Nabiki.." 
	"There you go again, Akane. What did Ranma do this time?"
	Akane sighed and started sweeping up the broken blocks. "He looked at me in
the nude..again!" 
	"Gee, Akane, for as long as you two have been engaged, you'd think that you
two would be used to seeing each other naked, if you know what I mean," Nabiki
said, grinning slightly. 
	Akane blushed brightly. "Nabiki! It's not like that! I would never do that
with an insensitive baka like him!"
	"Sure, Akane. Who would you prefer? Ryouga maybe? Or Kuno? Or how about that
weird kid that's always got those candles on his head? You know,
whatshisname.." 
	"Nabiki, stop that! I don't plan on doing *that* with anyone until I'm
married."
	"Really, everyone knows that you love Ranma, why don't you just admit it to
him, you two can get married, and then..you know," she said, winking. 
	"Oh yeah? Well.." Akane's mind whirred, trying to think of a better comeback
than 'Nabiki no baka'. "I'll admit I love Ranma when you admit you love
Upperclassmen Kuno!" 
	Nabiki's mouth opened and closed several times, silently. "W-what makes you
think there there's anything between me and Kuno?!" she stuttered, trying to
cover her shock, and doing a rather bad job of it. 
	"Gee, Nabiki, with all the time you two spend together, I'm surprised you two
aren't engaged by now. Or at least s-sleeping together," Akane said, finally
getting her payback for all the times Nabiki had teased her, albeit a small
one. "That's the way it goes, ne? You get to be 'real good friends' and then
you sleep with him, right? That's the way you seem to think is how it should
be with me and Ranma, so why not with you and Kuno?" 
	Nabiki just stared for a moment, not knowing what to say.  "You're dreaming,
Akane. You're starting to get as crazy as all the rest of these wackos around
here," she mumbled, exiting the dojo. "Completely insane..to think, me and
Kuno..ha!"

~*~

	"Honestly, to think that me and Kuno would have any sort of relationship
outside of school and business. Its ridiculous!" Nabiki pulled her diary from
under her pillow and flopped down onto her bed. She opened to a fresh page and
started writing. 

***
4/11
Dear Diary,
	Dairy, what's wrong with me? I must be losing it or something..today Akane
had the upper hand in an argument. To think, me, in love? Hardly. I don't even
have time for it, what with business and taking care of the household
finances, and school and all. Sure, I love Daddy, and I loved Mom, and I love
Akane and Kasumi. Hell, I even love Ranma in that little-brother-that-brings-
in-*almost*-as-much-money-as-he-uses kind of way. But actually in love with
someone? And Kuno, no less? Like that's an option.

***
	Nabiki put her diary down when someone knocked on her door. "Come in," she
called. 
	The door opened and Kasumi stepped in, gently closing it behind her. "Good
evening, Nabiki. How are you?" she asked.
	"Just fine, Kasumi. Is there something I can do for you?"
	"Actually," she started, sitting on the end of Nabiki's bed, "I was wondering
if there was anything you would like to talk about? You know, sister-to-
sister?" A long moment of silence followed. "Nabiki, I saw you storming out of
the dojo earlier, after hearing a bit of your argument with Akane...is there
something that you would like to tell me? About Tatewaki?"
	"T-tatewaki? You mean..Kuno? I don't know what you're talking about, Kasumi,"
Nabiki's face paled slightly, trying to keep up her cool, uncaring wall. 
	"Nabiki, dear, I'm sure that you, of all people know that I see everything in
this house, and I know more about what goes on here than everyone thinks. I
know when Ranma goes up to the roof to think, I know when Father goes to his
room and cries about Mother, I know about you selling pictures of Akane and
Ranma, though I really don't approve of that, I know when Akane...well,
nevermind that." Kasumi blushed a bit. "Nabiki, you know you can talk to me
about everything. Please, tell me what's on your mind?"
	Nabiki sighed, letting her wall fall and crumble around her. "Kasumi...I'm
confused. I-I've never actually loved anyone before. I never let anyone love
me, and I never loved anyone, not in the romantic way." 
	Nabiki grabbed her pillow and hugged it tightly to her chest. "I...I think I
might love Kuno. Not that it really matters, he's in love with Akane and
Ranma, and only sees me as a way to get pictures and information on them."
	Kasumi smiled her soft, motherly smile. "Nabiki, dear, give him a chance. I
think that if you talk to Tatewaki, and tell him how you feel, he'll open up
to you. Who knows, he might have the same feelings you do. But you'll never
know unless you talk to him."
	"I...you're right, Kasumi. I should talk to him." Nabiki admitted. 
	Kasumi smiled and reached across the bed to hug her sister. "Don't worry,
Nabiki, things will work out just fine, I'm sure," she stood and opened the
door to leave. "Good night. If you ever want to talk about anything, I'm
here."
	Kasumi exited quietly, leaving Nabiki to her thoughts and her diary. Nabiki
picked up the small book and began writing a few lines below where she had
left off.

***
	I love Tatewaki Kuno. There, I said it. Kami, I feel like Akane. At least I
can admit it..sort of. I'll talk to Kuno tomorrow, after school. That should
give me time to plan. 

~Nabiki~
***
	Nabiki closed her diary and put it back under her pillow. She gathered her
night clothes, and toiletries, and headed towards the bathroom, in need of a
nice, hot soak. 

~*~

	"Come on, Ranma, we're going to be late!" Akane yelled, throwing Ranma's book
bag at him. 
	"I'm comin', I'm comin'! Hold your horses!" Ranma called, coming out of the
kitchen from sneaking a before-school snack. "Where's Nabiki?" he asked with
his mouth full.
	"She already left. Something about going to see Cologne before school, I
think," Akane replied, hugging Kasumi and her father good-bye.
	"Huh? What does Nabiki want with the old ghoul?" Ranma asked, hopping up onto
the fence and heading towards school. 
	"No idea," Akane said, following him on the ground. "Some business thing or
something, I'm sure."
	"Yeah. She's probably got something on the old bat to use to blackmail her or
something," Ranma smirked. 
	"Ranma! Nabiki isn't that bad...usually..."
	"Yeah yeah, sure. If you say so. I still say she's up to something."
	Akane sighed and nodded. "Probably. Sometimes I think there isn't anything
she wouldn't do for money," she paused. "Ranma, you don't think that she'd
do...*that* for money, do you? Oooh, I'd better talk to her. She...tI'll bet
that's probably where she makes most of it! " she asked.
	"Huh?" Ranma's face held a puzzled expression. "What are you talking about,
Akane?"
	"You know..."
	Ranma was drawing a blank. "I still don't see what you're getting at."
	"How stupid are you, Ranma?" Akane growled. "Just forget it. Excuse me for
trying to look out for my older sister!" Akane yelled, running at full speed
the rest of the way to school.
	Ranma blinked. "What a weird tomboy..."

~*~
	"Ah, Miss Tendo, is there something I can do for you?" asked the dried up old
monkey perched on a staff, more commonly known as Cologne. 
	Nabiki chose her words carefully. "Cologne, I need to ask a favor of you."
	"Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it you that people seek out for the
favors in this district?"
	"Yes, true, but this time it's my turn to be on the receiving end of that
one. It is about time, you know," Nabiki replied, crossing her arms over her
chest. "I need the use of one of your potions, and a bit of advice."
	"A potion and advice?" Cologne asked.
	"Of course, I've already got the compensation worked out. In return for this
favor, Shampoo will be allowed one date with Ranma, no interruptions."
	"A date with son-in-law? Mmm, yes, I believe that something can be worked
out. Now, what is it exactly that you need?"
	Nabiki looked around, looking for anyone who might be listening. Once
satisfied that they were alone, she lowered her voice to a whisper, "I'll be
bringing a...friend here after school, and I need a special bowl of ramen for
my friend...."

~*~
	The day went on as usual, with the usual martial artists coming to challenge
Ranma, Ranma switching genders back and forth a few times, Akane getting mad
at Ranma for eating Ukyo's food instead of hers, etc., etc., etc. 
	Inside one of the Senior classrooms Nabiki was busy taking notes on the
lecture the teacher was giving. She wasn't really paying attention, and
couldn't care less about about the anatomy of a monkey, but grades were
grades, no matter how boring the process of getting them was. 
	<Kami but this is dull..how much longer do I have to listen to this. Doesn't
he know that some people have more important things to do than talk about
monkey guts?> As if on cue, the bell rang. Quickly she gathered her books and
slipped out into the hall. Passing a certain locker, she pulled a small slip
of paper from her purse and stuck it into the slats. 
	<There, step one, check. No problem with that one. Now I just have to wait
for this afternoon...> Nabiki smiled to herself and quietly walked to her next
class, lost in thought. 

~*~
	Cologne walked out of the kitchen to meet the customer that just walked in
the door. She led the short haired girl to a booth in a corner and stood
close, talking in a whisper. "The potion is ready, your 'friend' only has to
order and I'll put it in the food. You remember what I told you to do, right?"
	The girl nodded. "Phrase the command carefully, and this mixture only lasts
for 5 minutes, so make sure to be quick."
	"Right. And might I ask who is it that you plan on meeting so that I can
direct them to you?"
	"It's Kuno..the same guy I come in here with sometimes," Nabiki answered,
looking everywhere but in the Amazon matriarch's eyes.
	Cologne analyzed the girl. "I see..." she nodded, understanding what this was
about. "I'll bring you some water, and when he gets here, I'll bring him to
your table."
	"Thanks, Cologne."  
	The Amazon hopped back to the kitchen, leaving Nabiki to lose herself in her
thoughts.

§§§

	"Hey Kuno, come here! I want you to meet someone!" a little brown-haired girl
of about 13 called to one of her classmates, who walked to here she and a girl
with shoulder-length black hair stood. 
	"Yes, what is it, Nabiki Tendo?" a 13-year-old Kuno asked.
	"This is my little sister--"
	"Hi! I'm Akane! I'm 12, and in 7th grade. Are you one of Nabiki's friends?
Why are you wearing those clothes instead of the school uniform? Are you a
martial artist, too? I'm really good, my daddy taught me everything I know.
One day I'm going to be the best martial artist in the world!" the younger
girl bubbled, obviously happy to meet someone who could be a new friend. 
	Kuno stared at the new girl, awestruck. "Akane Tendo, I love you!" he
declared, throwing his arms around the younger girl.
	"Aaah!! Get away from me, pervert!" Akane squealed, punching the boy into
lower Earth orbit. "Gee, Nabiki, if all your friends are gonna be stupid like
that, I don't want to meet any more of them!"
	Little Nabiki sighed softly. She hadn't expected Kuno to act like that. He
wasn't supposed to have fallen for her little sister. <Why do I feel all sad?
Almost...jealous? It's not like Kuno is my boyfriend or anything. I would
never go out with him, he's too weird...> she her mind said. She didn't know
it yet, and wouldn't for several years, but her heart said differently.

§§§

	Nabiki sighed, sipping the water that Cologne had brought. Bringing up old
memories could be painful, and that wasn't a thing she wanted to deal with.
"Nabiki, get yourself together, girl. You're not supposed to be like this,
you're supposed to be cool and calm. The 'Furinkan Ice Queen'," Nabiki
grimaced slightly at her last thought. "The world is not coming to an end, you
can do this, now just--"
	"Do what, Nabiki Tendo?" a male voice asked, shocking Nabiki out of her
reverie. She looked up to see Kuno standing next to the table.
	"Oh, Kuno-baby, its only you." Nabiki mumbled. She made a gesture towards the
seat across from her.  "Sit, make yourself comfortable."
	Kuno did so, looking around a bit. "So then, why didst thou call me here
today?"
	Nabiki pulled a small manila envelop from her purse and slid it across the
table. "Well, Kuno-baby," Nabiki said to him as he sat down across from her,
"Akane's been working out again, I thought you might be interested in a few
pictures of her and the pigtailed girl......"  
  	Kuno nodded, taking the envelope she presented and sliding the usual fee
across the table into her waiting hands, brushing them gently for just a
moment. "Ah," he sighed with a bit more emotion than he normally let show and
gazing into her eyes, "Nabiki Tendo, whatever would I do without you?"
  	Nabiki tried not to let the roundabout compliment phase her, saying only,
"Well, Kuno-Baby, lucky for you, that's not a problem."  After a moment or
several of silence, Kuno stood to leave, and 
Nabiki's heart skipped a beat as she inwardly started to panic.  "Ah ah ah,
Kuno, a bowl of ramen is part of my fee this time!"  She flashed a bit too
cute of a smile in her attempt to keep him long enough to get some long
awaited information.  Maybe spiking the ramen was unethical, but why should
that stop her?
	Suddenly, as if on cue from Cologne (which was most likely the case), Shampoo
bounced over to their table and beamed.  "Nihao," she said in her cheerful,
singsong manner, "Bokken Boy and Yen Girl want ramen?"
  	Kuno sighed. "Very well, I shall stay," he said, sitting again. "A bowl of
ramen for Nabiki Tendo, and one for myself. Yes..if I eat now I shall be able
to skip Kodachi's dinner. Haha! I am indeed wise! Yes, two bowls, waitress!" 
	Shampoo jotted down the order, winked to Nabiki, and bounced back to the
kitchen.
 	"Well, Kuno-baby, aren't you going to look at the photos?"  She said a bit
anxiously, knowing that there was more in the envelope than Kuno was aware of.
	"No need, I trust that their quality is of the usual level."  She nodded, a
bit disappointed at not getting to see his reaction, but glad by the amount of
trust he had in her.  It was at this point that Shampoo bounced back in, a
bowl of ramen in each hand.  She set them down, and departed.  Nabiki watched
as Kuno began eating.  She smiled to herself as she ate, as well.
	When they were done, Nabiki said, "Now then, Kuno, I want to talk to your sub
conscious, the real you. I don't want a bunch of flowery words. I want
straight answers. In five minutes you will come out of this trancelike state,
and you will remember nothing of the questions that I have asked you. Got
that?"  He nodded as the potion took effect, which Nabiki responded to with a
devious smile.
	"Well, my first question is, 'How do you really feel about me?' " Kuno's face
remained expressionless, as if she had asked about something of no more import
than the weather.
	"Ah, Nabiki Tendo, that is a question I have asked myself quite frequently 
as of late."  
	Nabiki looked like she was in shock.  "R-really?"  
	"Oh yes," he replied, "I think that you are greedy and unfeeling, an
unapproachable ice goddess who delights in mocking me…and I long for your
touch, to hear you say you love me, to feel you melt in
 my arms.
	Nabiki was blushing furiously as Kuno poured his feelings out to her.  "But
what about Akane and the 'pigtailed girl?' "  
	“I think that I love them, but in actuality they are merely outlets for a
love for you that I do not know how to express.”  
	She was in awe.  "But, but why can't you?"
	"Because I do not think you return my feelings, you always seem so icy
towards everyone.  My love for you is so overwhelming, it must be expressed in
some manner. Besides that fact, my chasing them gives me ample opportunity to
speak to you and be with you," He sipped his drink calmly, as his expression
remained neutral.
	Nabiki's face was a war of emotions, she couldn't process all of this at
once.  "So you just pretend to love them?"  
	"No, it is not deceit, I truly believe I love them.  Normally I am not aware
of the fact that I don't.  I am 
always aware of my love for you, of course."
 	Nabiki was unable to think straight, much less control her face.  Her mouth
was opening and closing as she tried to say something.  
	Suddenly, Kuno got a confused look on his face.  "Nabiki?  Are you unwell?
	She realized her 5 minutes must be up.  "Oh, no, I just, um, that last bit of
ramen didn't quite agree with me."
	In usual clueless fashion, he nodded.  "Yes, mine tasted a bit strange, as
well.  Perhaps we should meet at Ucchan's next time we discuss business."
	"I don't know, I found eating here rather . . . enlightening," she replied,
trying desperately to regain her composure.
	He stood, saying, "Well, to each their own, I suppose.  I shall see you in
school tomorrow, Nabiki Tendo."
	She nodded.  "Yeah, Kuno-baby, I'll see you then."  As he turned to walk
away, she said, "Kuno-baby?"
	He turned to face her.  "Yes, Nabiki?"  
	"I, uh,  . . ."  She looked down.  "No, it's nothing, never mind.  See you
tomorrow."
	He remained where he was for a moment, in hopes she would finish what it was
she had started.  When he realized she was not going to, he turned away and
exited the restaurant.  
	Nabiki sat, staring into her lap, deep in her own thoughts. 

	As Kuno walked down the street, he opened up the envelope.  As he perused the
pictures, he found one of Nabiki in a rather evocative position wearing the
dress she had gotten from Toma.  After wiping a small trickle of blood from
his nose, he looked around to make sure no one he knew was watching, and took
out his wallet.  He opened it up to the school photo of Nabiki he kept inside,
and slipped the new photo behind it.  He pushed the remaining photos into the
envelope and continued on his way home.

***

-=to be continued next part=-